To be eligible to enter the Primary Fellowship program, a candidate must:
- Be a registered pharmacist in a member country of WAHO or have a registrable qualification
- Have at least three (3) years post-basic qualification experience
- Apply for admission and pay the prescribed fee.
Duration of Course
- Primary: One (1) year
- Part I: Two (2) years
- Part II: At least two (2) years
Candidates must attend at least two update lectures to qualify for Primary examination.
Having successfully completed Primary examination, a candidate proceeds to Part I whereby he/she will attend at least four update lectures to qualify for examination.
Candidates with relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications may be exempted from Primary update lectures and examinations. Such candidates shall apply and forward their transcripts to the College for evaluation and exemption fee shall apply.
Staying on the Programme
- A registered candidate to the programme should maintain the studentship continually throughout the duration of the programme.
- A candidate who fails to renew his/her registration in a year is deemed to have voluntarily withdrawn from the programme. Such a candidate may be re-instated following due application made to the Secretary General within not more than two (2) years of absence; after which the admission is deemed to have lapsed.
- A candidate that wishes to temporarily withdraw for a period of not more than one (1) year should make a formal application and gain approval in order to retain the admission.
- A Part II Fellowship student who has passed Part II theory examinations (final) is required to defend the project that same year or the next year. If such a student fails to successfully defend the project the subsequent year, such a candidate will be required to rewrite the theory examinations and also defend the project.
- A candidate who wishes to defer Dissertation defence should apply one month before the examination.
- A candidate who fails to successfully defend the Dissertation will repeat the Dissertation the next year.